Why Choose Us
Seneca Solutions distinguishes itself from other emerging small businesses and small disadvantaged businesses (SDBs) in several key ways. These competitive advantages are then passed on to our clients, giving them the power to more easily meet their objectives.
Our Native and 8(a) SDB procurement status is backed up by a talented team that has extensive experience across all types of Government procurements and contracting vehicles, with a history of exceptional performance and award winning service in the governmental sectors. Additionally, we demonstrate a developed organizational infrastructure and financial strength that competitors cannot duplicate.
Prime Contracting Advantages
As a Tribally owned Native American 8(a) Seneca Solutions has a number of exemptions under the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR):
- Special Exemptions – Tribal entities have a special set of rules under the 8(a) Program, excluding exemptions for lifetime contract limits (13CFR124.109; 13CFR519(a)(1)).
- Exemption from Competitive Thresholds – Tribal (8(a)’s are Exempt from the Competitive Threshold of $4M for Services Contracts and $6.5M for Manufacturing Contracts (FAR 19.805-1(b)(2); 13CFR124.311(b)).
- Direct Negotiated Contract – A Government Agency may contract directly with an 8(a) Tribal entity…and the entity may receive a directly negotiated contract regardless of dollar amount (13CFR124.506(b)
- No Award Dollar Limit – An 8(a) Tribal entity is not subject to the same dollar limitations on directly negotiated contracts as other non-native entities (13CFR124.506(b).
- No Protest of Award – The eligibility of a participant for a directly negotiated award many not be challenged by another participant or any other party, either to the SBA or any administrative forum as part of a bid or other contract protest (3CFR124.517(a).
- SDB and Native Credits – Federal agencies contracting to a 8(a) Tribal entity may claim SDB and Native American credits (13CFR124.105 and .109), states and localities where Seneca Solutions conducts business
Seneca Solutions is considered a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) to a Prime as part of your Small Business subcontracting goals. Under FAR 52.219-9 Small business subcontracting plan (d)(1)(I), “Subcontracts awarded to an… Indian tribe shall be counted towards the subcontracting goals for small business and small disadvantaged business (SDB) concerns, regardless of the size or Small Business Administration certification status…”
Prime contractors on DOD contracts can gain an economic advantage of the Indian Incentive Program (IIP) in subcontracting with us. Under DFARS clause 252.226-7001, Utilization of Indian Organizations and Indian Owned Economic Enterprises, DOD Prime Contractors with subcontracts to Seneca Solutions are eligible for incentive payments under the program.
- Office locations are geographically spaced to service the varied demands of customers and program locations.
- A small business structure which fosters the organizational agility and flexibility required to deliver streamlined and innovative decision-making, effective project communications, re-work mitigation and immediate issue resolution.
- Experience with utilizing project management systems tools, which are designed to have the visibility to proactively manage sequential and parallel tasks, rework mitigation and to maximize schedule, budget and quality management efficiency.
- A Network Implementation Team, which is capable of operating very successfully in highly complex, varied & challenging project environments – including overseas locations.